Have you ever had a turmeric latte? A dash of cinnamon, honey, black pepper and spice is the perfect combo for a snowy New England morning!
Like many trends, the turmeric latte may seem to have come out of nowhere. But it has been brewing for a while.
Turmeric latte has become my new favorite drink lately, because I love how soothing it is for the body, and how good it makes me feel. It’s laced with anti-inflammatory spices such as cinnamon and turmeric, they are as delicious as they are nourishing. For all those who haven’t tried turmeric lattes yet, I advise you to try it right away. You’ll surely fall in love. Here’s a simple recipe you can try at home.
• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or any milk of your choice
• 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
• 2 teaspoons of honey (or maple syrup )
• 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
• a small pinch of ginger powder
• a small pinch of gound pepper (Pepper is said to increase the absorption of turmeric. You can also play around with additional flavors. Vanilla, and a tea spoon of coconut oil are great additions as well.)
1. Add the almond milk to a small pot and heat on low temperature.
2. Add the turmeric, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, ginger powder, raw honey or maple syrup, and pepper and stir frequently for about 6-10 minutes until the milk is warm, but not boiling.
3. Turn off the heat and strain the milk using a strainer.
4. Froth the top of the milk for a few seconds with a milk frother. Or you can also transfer the entire mixture into a blender and whizz for a minute or two for a creamy frothy consistency.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder/star of anise (optional) and serve.